Friday, October 26, 2007

Rethinking in Sketchup | Corporate Identity | Julia Bauch

Going over the moodboards over and over again I found myself thinking about that constellation of observers and the crowd at the bottom of Julia's board. I started sketching and storming that little brain of mine, trying to make that condition work in my head. Julia wants to concentrate on staged photography... the word theater popped into my head and after a couple of tries I came up with this:



I started Sketchup (just to see that there have been a couple of releases since I last worked with it) and after updating everything I created a basic shape...



Then I started working on some details (in order to get in touch with Sketchup again and for further use in my assignment). I put all the important parts of the structure into groups, so I can use them seperately, too.



While working, I tried out different sun- and shadowsettings in order to get the atmosphere right. I discovered a wonderful shadowplay, which I think I am going to make use of later.



I paid quite a lot of attention to some of the scenes details, here's a look at the setting's backside...



Next I will probably try to get back to a more basic Level, trying to sum up the main elements and find a simpler, clearer way to express it in the CI. I already have something on my mind, all of this work and the pure fact of dealing with it in so many different ways (sketches, 3D-framework, moodboards and of course thinkingthinkingthinking) clearly gave me some fresh ideas.

Never surrender!

No comments: